The BreadCrumb JR2 is a wireless device that forms a mesh network when used in conjunction with other BreadCrumb systems.
This single-transceiver, single-antenna system is frequently used in private wireless networks for on-body and on-vehicle mobile communications and remote connectivity.
The JR2 BreadCrumb’s small footprint and weather-resistence make it a good choice for in-field employees or contractors, manned or unmanned in-motion vehicles, and manned or unmanned roving equipment. In remote areas where you need connectivity between a few select assets or people, the JR2 provides an excellent solution.
This portable, wireless mesh network node contains one transceiver and one external antenna port. It provides Ethernet and Wi-Fi Access Point interfaces to enable data, voice, and video applications. The JR2 is weather-resistant and can be operated outdoors year-round.
InstaMesh is the advanced, patented protocol developed by Rajant that directs the continuous and instantaneous forwarding of wireless and wired connections. It enables complete network mobility, robust fault tolerance, high throughput, and low latency with very low maintenance and administrative requirements. Because InstaMesh operates at Layer 2 and does not use a root node or LAN Controller, mobility and bandwidth are maximized.
No matter how you configure your network, InstaMesh networking software always determines the most efficient pathway between any two points, even when those points are in motion. This diagram shows how your Rajant mesh network can adapt to the changes caused by the movement of Node E. New links are established in real-time keeping the network available, intact and secure.
- Intuitive software, enabling the network to quickly adapt to rapidly-deployed and quickly- or constantly-moving network elements
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio frequencies supporting a wide variety of applications and environments
- Lightweight and portable
- Low power consumption
- Support for several strong cryptographic options used for data and MAC-address encryption and per-hop, per-packet authentication
- High bandwidth for data, voice, and video applications
- Scalability to hundreds of mobile, high-bandwidth nodes
- Integrated Wi-Fi Access Point service for compatibility with millions of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) client devices such as laptops, tablets, smart phones, IP cameras, sensors, and other IP devices
- Self-configuring operation for fast and easy deployments
- Reliable and fast off-loading to Ethernet via multiple, simultaneous bridge-mode links through the Automatic Protocol Tunneling (APT) feature
- Mesh Clustering to designate per-BreadCrumb submeshes that will only mesh with a user-specified series of nodes, useful to isolate one or more groups of BreadCrumbs to mesh with each other and not with other nodes outside the user-defined mesh cluster